Do we need to mess with formality of an intro to this blog post? I'm about to tell you some of the things that are making me happy lately! And you're going to nod and laugh and reflect on the things that are making you happy right now and tell me about them!
1. Purging. Lately I've been wanting - even more than usual - to purge and clean and get organized. I was able to do this to some extent around the house over the past months, but now I've gotten started at work and it's the best thing ever! God knows how many important documents I've shredded, but OMG desk space!
2. Ignoring Things. Did you know that if someone says something that grinds your gears you can actually just ignore it altogether? I've been exercising this right in recent weeks and I'm all the happier for it.
3. Trip Planning. Now that Jax has arrived and we've got a wonderful and successful Las Vegas trip behind us, Jeff and I are starting to plan for our Honeymoon Round 2. I feel like it can really happen this time. We'll be avoiding hurricane season.
4. LUSH. Do you ever go to Lush? You know, the colorful and smelly-good place at most malls in large metropolitan areas where you're chased around by a perky and pierced salesperson who begs to wash your hands? I super love Lush products, but I rarely ever treat myself to them. In Vegas, I had won $50 on the Britney Spears slot machine (side note: Hit Me Baby One More Time is an effective slot machine song) and allowed myself FOUR smellygood purchases! I've really been loving the Citrus-y Sandstone soap that exfoliates - well, it scrubs the crap out of my skin, tbh. It takes off at least seven layers. Plus then I smell good.
5. People Caring About my Sleep. All of the sudden, everyone is enormously concerned about how much sleep I'm getting. Nobody has ever really seemed to care before. I guess we all just assume that everyone else sleeps at night. Now people inquire about if I'm getting any sleep at all. It's so sweet that people care. The answer: No, I'm not getting as much sleep as I'd like. You wanna take the overnight shift tonight? We can combat these dark circles under my eyes together!
6. Donors. My first week back at work, we had some wonderful folks bring in a very meaningful gift, and you could just tell how happy it made them to provide this gift. If you ever lose your faith in humanity, work in fundraising. Donors are amazing. Then, when you're asked to help with a golf outing, turn in your two weeks.
7. Baby Smiles! Jax is starting to smile and be super cute when he's not sleeping or eating or farting or fussing. I'd wake up at 3 am for that any day.
Mom of four, wife of one. By day I fund-raise with coffee, by night I read with wine and chocolate.